Tuesday 31 July 2012

In The Eye Of London!

I didn't have the best nights sleep but I knew I had to get up and get on with things so up I got and off we headed out into another beautiful blue skied sunshiny day! I didn't dare complain that I was too hot, coz I did not want the weather gods to turn on me and give me rain! I just lapped up the summer feeling.. afterall it might be the only bit of summer I get for the year! LOL

Our planned route, a few changes were made on the spur of the moment but it's the general idea.

We headed off at a nice pace.. not too slow and not rushing past, just taking in the surroundings as if we didn't have anything else to do. I was highly amused the day before with all the 'look left' & 'look right' painted on the roads at all the crossings.. and today I get the added bonus of 'look both ways' and 'no cycling'. Suffice to say, I walked around saying "No cycling" at everyone! hahahaha

We were on our way to some place that was meant to have really nice breakfast stuff but once we arrived it was all very much sweet stuffs, there was a Starbucks down the road so we just called in there, had a couple of coffees, a sausage butty.. yes they do actually have something called that! Emma got it for me purely for the amusement factor, I'm sure! We used the free wifi while breakfasting and then headed off out into the world. We had an appointment at The London Eye.

We went and picked up our pre-booked tickets for our pre-booked time and then were ushered in to experience a 4D movie. Here we are with our spunky glasses on!
It was an interesting experience, bubbles and foam.. wind.. now this is how they should do movies! Screw that pissy 3D, give me 4D! I wanna feel the movie! LOL

The short movie ended.. so sad! & then we went and stood in the line to go up up up. we actually got on 30mins before our pre-booked time so I can't help but wonder.. what the frak is the point of pre-booking anything.. I swear we could have walked in normally without having pre-booked anything and got the same spot. I guess it is better to be safe than sorry?
I had a couple of freak out moments, but like the awesome that I am.. I handed it by just sitting the frak down! Towards the top as you are going over.. it makes little movements and for someone afraid of heights, it just made me feel insecure and wobble slightly but all in all it was quite the experience. I don't really feel the need to do it again.. or well I could be persuaded to check it out at sunset.. if it is anything like the Eiffel Tower at sunset.. then it would be pretty stellar.

4 comments:

  1. OMG i didnt realise the two of you could be in a photo together and look nice ... Jo .. what happend to your face? why is it smiling???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just a spasm! Like a nervous twitch.. standing out in the middle of the bridge! It happens from time to time..

      Delete
  2. I hope you managed to have a chip butty while you were over there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't.. but then I make them myself once in a blue moon lol

      Delete

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)