Sunday 21 July 2013

Sov Gott, Nemo


Our life with Nemo all started 6 years ago when we were sitting in Crete on holiday when we got an SMS from Emma's mum asking if we would like to an 8yr old English cocker spaniel. At first we were all like, ummm what?! Coz in her usual style, details weren't there. We said sure and then got the story later once Emma called when we were in the same country.

We picked Nemo up on the 31/07/2007 and here is a quote from the old blog when we got him.. "He doesn't understand me much and looks at me like I am crazy when I speak to him.. but I am sure that will pass.. well I hope it does!" This is where I tell you that he never stopped looking at me like I was crazy but he did understand me. One of this favourite things to do was look out the window, to do this he had to summon his inner kitteh.. & here are a few of the first photos of him being ours.

Another quote from the old blog is this.. "He has 'Attitude!' Yesterday morning.. he woke himself up and wouldn't stop growling.. for no good reason other than he was just grumpy.. It's like he has been mine his whole life!" A character from the start, our baby boy has been.

We have had many great times with our boy, he has been a great source of love and entertainment. From.. how he would snarl when I would kiss him.. many examples to follow.. you can see the love right? [the usual kissyface] [snarly] [no snarl? total love!] [sleeping on him] [perfect couple] [sleeping together] [best couple] [lounger!] [cone cuddles] and I told you in the previous entry that it was a common theme for Emma to be reading & Nemo on the couch.. well, here is another example of such a time.. [photo] Sometimes just a little comfort was needed in the mornings, in the form of a cuddle.. [photo] [the goobas] He never liked to be carried when we were out and about, even tho there were times when it had to happen! like this time.. [photo] He loved the snow, every walk when it was snowing, I loved how he would nip at the fresh snow for some serious munching, also in winter he was usually a shaggy mess.. like so! [photo] but, even that was really cute, I liked him shaggy or short, they both had appeal! Shaggy had a much floppier feel and was great amusement while walking.
..to how he would sleep on his back, showing all his glory! [photo]

Nemo even indulged my duck love by making his shadow turn into a duckish shape! [photo] He never really had a great relationship with Chicken.. [photo] of both the toy variety and food variety. PooStinky! He loves to park that PooStinky ass of his on remote controls! [photo] but no matter what he did, he did it with the cutest face ever! [photo] [the many faces of Nemo] There are many many photos on both mine and Emma's instagram feed, if you want to take the time to look through, on a computer if you don't have the app.

Our life has been made so much richer by having him in it, I don't think we would have opted to go on the hike at the top of Sweden, had it not been for him and us wanting to give him something wonderful before retirement. 
He hiked like a champ, we have many great memories of that time. For instance, how he and Emma nearly got swept away when Emma had to carry him over a deeper ice cold stream and the rocks and wood gave way. How he farted the stinkiest of farts in the tent! There is no escape from a stinky fart in a confined space. How he would curl up in a ball at the bottom of Emma's sleeping bag, never mine. How after an exceptionally long colder day, he was so exhausted that I actually hand fed him. I think that was an extra special moment he and I shared. How he never wanted to be still for too long, Emma and I would want to take a break and look at the lovely scenery when Nemo would be all like.. ok mums, that's enough! let's move! & cry his high pitched little cry until we gave in and did.
For anyone wanting to check out those blogs, here are the links..

We spoilt our little guy as much as we could, after all he was our baby. Our life revolved around him. Going out for the day always consisted on how long we could leave him for, if we could get someone to come and walk him, holidays were organised on when someone could have him or if the doggy hotel had a spot for him. Bedtime was picked coz we knew we would have to be up early for him to walk him. About this time last year, we decided to spoil him a little more and take him to Stockholm, which you can see here if you are interested. This is his post. [There's Something About Nemo

He really was the greatest dog I could ever have asked for, there will not be another that comes even close to him and I wouldn't have it any other way. He let me hold him when I was sad, and ignored me when I was happy, he complained when I kissed him but he always wanted them.. I know it! I am grateful I was there to hold him when he passed, as much as it hurt. I hope he took some comfort in knowing I was there until the end and that I was still his rock as he was mine. He was loved, he will be missed, there will always be a place in my heart for my first baby boy, he will never be forgotten. Emma, Nemo and I were the perfect little family.. I mean look at us.. [SpunkGlasses]

Sov gott, Nemo. 
I hope you enjoy your final resting place in the sun..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)