Thursday 25 July 2013

A Day in Helsingborg.

Today was a little bit of a late start, we pottered around the apartment for most of the morning before deciding to head off to Helsingborg. It was a pretty nice day, overcast but still warm and nice.. so we decided to grab an ice cream before jumping on the train! Yes, that's right! a morning ice cream! Well, we were thwarted by the fact that the ice cream wagon wasn't bloody open yet! Curse that bloody place! It has not been a great supplier of ice cream this year, but that is a whole different story! We continued on to the train station when Emma had a brilliant idea! We would try the new popcorn ice cream that has been released this year.. [photo] Sadly, it wasn't very popcorny at all and quite a waste of time and if I was watching my weight, calories! I definitely make a tastier popcorn ice cream.. one that actually tastes like popcorn. But you know, if you don't try you will never know and now we know.. to not have it again.

To get to to Helsingborg, we needed to take 2 trains and at the change-over we got stuck waiting forever! Stupid trains can never be on time! 20mins late! & coz of their new rules, you get nothing until the train is at least 30mins late these days. Totally sucks, coz now I have to actually pay for travel instead of using freecards from all the times that Emma's trains were 20mins late! I should count my blessings and be thankful that I basically haven't had to pay for train travel for the first 6 years of living in Sweden. That really says something for the public transport system, right? lol

Anyways, eventually we arrived and it was colder and umm.. raining! If you didn't notice in the photo from the link, Emma was in a singlet and we didn't have an umbrella. Typical right? Funny all the same! We started just walking about, up and down the little uneven streets, popped into a store where I discovered this..
Come on, Sweden?! I know you are all open-minded and all that but is this stuff really appropriate for in the kiddies section!

We washed off that experience by calling into the bottle-O where I picked up some local beers.. all ones I have not tried! Score!

We called into an Indian place and downed some curry and of course naan before tackling the slant and steps! I thought I had had enough of stairs on EuroTrip2011 but apparently I had not! We were headed up to check out Kärnan and check out at the view.. which was umm.. a little grey and not overly visible.. but it still made for a nice shot.. and they have some wicked rooftops!

We then partook in a monster ice cream! Yes, the second ice cream of the day! I could not resist! It was a brownie ice cream on the bottom, with chocolate syrup, a tall layer of soft-serve and then topped with sprinkles! Monster ice cream! 
The rain started coming down a little more so we headed to take cover under a tree and munch on the ice cream. I of course made a mess of myself, and got some on my shirt.. it wasn't my fault! That syrup was stringy! and the sprinkles liked to fly! We got through it, Em was kind enough to help me out some!

We decided it was time to make our way home, the weather was a misty madness so we walked down the steps, where Emma thought it was a good time to try and kill herself by nearly slipping over! I told her to be careful with my beer! We resumed the gingerly walk down the slippery steps and checked out the fountain part...

I did a large photo bombing of Emma's shot! 
You could say that was the Swish of photo bombing! Nothing but net... errr face!

Then we made our way to the trains, got on and that is when I started to feel a little ill from what I suspect was too much ice cream. Emma couldn't help but laugh and tell me off for being irritable. How could I not be? I felt like I was gonna chunder! haha I made it home, with no accidents and a few hours later I am feeling much betterer. Will I learn my lesson from this? No, I will not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)