Sunday 2 December 2012

Fun in the... Snow!

We had our first serious snowfall of the season last night and today, it started yesterday afternoon.. actually it started just after Emma had walked Nemo for his afternoon walk. She came inside and was in for all of 5mins when I looked out the window to see the beginnings of whispy snowfall slowly coating the ground and flying around. It was rather amusing. By the time I went and walked Nemo, around 10pm, it had been snowing for a good few hours, there was a light white wintery coat coating the streets.. it was still pretty safe, coz the council had done nothing yet to make it unsafe.

Nemo was quite the happy chappy upon going outside and seeing the delicatessen that is snow. He nipped it as much as he could.. there was a thin layer so it wasn't much but he did his best to eat as much of that fresh stuff that he could. Trying to get him back inside afterwards was a whole lotta fun.. he dug his paws in as hard as he could and looked up at me with his big browns as if to say.. "please sir, may I have some more?"

After a whole night of snowfall and most of the morning.. Emma, Nemo and I decided to take to the streets and get in a little snow fun! As I look out my window now, whilst typing this, the snow is moving horizontally passed. So much snow!

Nemo got straight to munching..
I think this is quite the delightful throw together family portrait... This time it is Nemo who decided to pull the funny face, and by pull the funny face, I obviously mean.. shake! Great action shot if you ask me!

We wandered around the park, looked at all the kids playing around.. listened to one kid yell "ah-huh! We meet again!" and then I think a snowball was thrown. And yes, it was said in English too, I didn't translate for your benefit. There was also a discussion between father and child about not eating yellow snow... it is good to teach these things early... but accidents do happen. We also checked out the lake and the ducks, I have come home and put some bread on to take to them later.. gotta help keep them warm and bellehs full!

Nemo liked to look and gaze out at his surroundings.. ok, maybe not, we made him pose a little for the shots but they are some lovely shots.. it was however, more like Nemo and I looking back at Emma to say.. "hurry up! Enough with the snaps man!" Ok, I admit, my face doesn't really say that in this shot.. but you know, it does most of the time.

This photo is quite the photo tho, Nemo getting his goob on! Yep, that is indeed how excited he was to be out and about in the snow.. it is one of the things that makes him happiest.. nearly as much as candy!

Moving along, we made our way through some thick and thin patches of fluffy snow, where the council had tried to help was a little dangerous and slippery.. ice rink comes to mind! Emma nearly went ass up once! I being the superhero that I am, caught her and moved her to safety. It was all very amusing, but every year it still continues to shock me at how useless they are at making things safe to walk on. I just pray for no accidents before heading off to Berlin next week.. I am in bad enough shape back wise as it is lol Slow and steady wins the race! with sore hips too.. walking too slow always hurts my hips. It. Is. Like. Torture.
OMG! Berlin in just over a week! Then Stockholm! Epic Christmas time!

Anyways, we made our way to the church, where we stumbled across a snowracer chained to a lamppost, it is good to have these things out and ready to go at all times when there is snow about. We also took a quick look down at town, looking all pretty, Christmassy and white! It was time to head home, the chill was getting into my toes, I don't have warm boots and I had the wrong socks on.. but I'm tough anyways! Just outside our building someone had made a very lovely snow angel! Awwww, so pretty! I guess that is the upside to the owners of our building and their slackness with clearing away snow..
 

4 comments:

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)