Thursday 2 August 2012

Rockstar Hair!

Emma and Nemo let me sleep in a little.. just what I needed to recover a little more before trying to head down to breakfast to stomach a little something something.. the breakfast spread, as I said before is just right. Fruit, breads, cheese, meats, yoghurt, muesli and boiled eggs.. oh and of course cinnamon rolls, after all we are in Sweden and I swear cinnamon rolls are what really fuels a Swede. Even I have become a fan of the cinnamon roll.. which is a feat coz I am not a big fan of cinnamon. We enjoyed some breaky, I kept mine simple, no dairy.. you know just in case it set me off again. We headed up after breakfast with a little extra watermelon for Nemo.. [instagram photo] He seemed to be off his food with the travelling.. mind you he would eat anything that we would eat, I guess he just wanted holiday food while on holiday? lol

After lounging around a little more we decided it was time to brave the day and off we toddled into the big brave world.. it was another beautiful day. Upon leaving and in the first photo, Emma manages to get the coolest hair stylez.. 

I really love this photo, it really shows what Stockholm is.. lots of water, a good amount of greenery and awesome buildings. So far I am really liking this place. We walked all over the place, its easier with a dog to just walk, and seeing as I wasn't 100%, I just wanted to take things slow and easy.. with no risk.

We have gotten very lucky with the weather all week.. first in London it was stunning and now in Stockholm it was just as stunning.. blue skies galore! Off for a stroll we went.. through the gates of peacefulness..

Once through the gates we came across many things, like a little field mouse that scooted across the path in front of us to hang by a stump.. so cute!

Swallows! Emma spent lots of time trying to take good photos of flying swallows, which gave me the perfect chance to sit back and rest in the shade. It was a hot hot day! We saw a rather large garden with many things in it including artichokes! I can honestly say I had never seen one growing in real life and now I can say I have seen it. It totally looks like a weed. lol We saw a windmill, not that it was working.. which is always sad, coz I do love me a windmill. We saw art.. colourful art.. and even this, which I call a cold embrace, Swedes love some nakedness!

We stumbled across some swans, that had baby swans! and wow those things are mean! The parentals that is, not the babies.. they are cute and fluffy and just ignore you but as you can see in this photo.. parental swan was ready to attack!  I swear it was going to charge me like it was a bull! I wasn't even wearing red! Gosh!

Emma got me an ice block to cool me off and we headed back to the hotel, after picking up some sushi for lunch too. We hung out and relaxed a little in the room before heading out again.. this time through town where I decided that this lion looked like the perfect spot to have a rest.
Then Em and I got our tourist on and took a happy family snap!

We were heading down by the.. some water just to sit and watch, and chat. Nemo cried coz he wanted in the water. It is what he does after all! Of course, Emma tried to soothe him and gave him some loves.. which only works for so long. While sitting there a couple of dudes on advertising bikes came past and all I could think was.. I WANT ONE! I would totally rock out a bike like that.. except I don't want the advertising thing, I want a little area to cage Nemo in, I say cage coz if he could jump off he bloody would. But seriously.. how awesome are these?

We headed back to the room to drop Nemo off and then pissed off down to the bar to have a drink and a burger before the opening ceremony would start.. upon arriving back to the room after dinner, we found Nemo zonked out! Poor little tucker! Adorable!

I feel asleep before the opening ceremony started, woke up during the part where all the countries come out and watched that for a bit before falling asleep again before they lit the torch. Yes, I woke up for the 'boring' part. I am THAT awesome.

4 comments:

  1. You told me my hair looked fine... *glares*

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok now your just showing off .. 2 photos in one post where you smile together and not look like a goon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *gasp* I never look like a goon!
      But yes, I was totally showing off!

      Delete

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)