Thursday 2 August 2012

Forgotten Something?

4:30am and the alarm buzzes, Emma and I drag ourselves out of bed while Nemo continues to slumber. The three S's all done and dusted and it was time to walk out the door to take Nemo on a little adventure! Oh and us too.. it was a first for me to go to Stockholm and I was looking forward to having a few days in a new place with my little family and seeing a little and resting a lot! Resting somewhere other than home is more fun.. not that I could lounge around all day in a place I haven't been to.

The train ride to Stockholm was pretty easy, I slept the first 2 hours pretty well.. waking up here and there from snores and drooling. Oh and the occasional too much rocking which whacked mah neck from side to side! I was pretty stoked with the ride there.. Emma not so much. Nemo was happy to finally arrive and get out into the new world of smells! 

We made our way to the hotel, which wasn't too far from the station so we could drop off our luggage and then hit the town running.. the old town that is! We slowly made our way over.. looking around. The thing I love the most about Europe are the awesome buildings and their colours.. and alley ways, I love them!

We tried to check out the changing of the guard but it was just way too packed.. and long, seriously long with the band playing as well. Here are a couple of snaps I took by holding the camera way up high.. 
and also, we managed to catch them as they walked expectantly past us after we had left the main area.

We wandered around the old town killing time until we were due to meet up with Hanky Hanna & Billy-Goats parentals & sister.. Lunch was to be had! We met up and all headed back into the old town to a little place and enjoyed some conversation while eating Swedish meatballs.. Emma's mum does much better ones and I wished the lingonberry jam was actually jam-like and sweet.

After the good-byes were said, we headed back to the hotel for a well needed rest which is when Emma lovingly snapped this photo of yours truly.

Also at the hotel, I could help but laugh at this sign...

And how freaken awesome is our hand basin?

This is definitely a hotel I would recommend. Story Hotel. Funky as! & they allow dogs which is just pure awesome! Just don't ask for a well done burger from the bar, you'll be served a medium! The breakfast spread however, is just right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)