Monday 30 July 2012

Nando's Is In Da House!

Now with a little spring in her step, Emma led us off to check out the NZ War Memorial
Apparently all it takes is one macaron to perk the little Swede up! Also, it perks her up enough to give people directions in a foreign land! While we were heading toward the memorial, a couple of brits approached us and asked where something was.. me being me had no idea, Emma being Emma, she had some idea and her trusty phone to help guide the way.. after a little look she sent the young couple on their way and all was good in the woods.. errr I mean world!

We spent a few moments checking out the memorial.. the heat was pretty hot! It had been a while since I was this warm.. and my feet were really starting to hurt now, you see as it turns out.. putting new insoles in ones shoes is basically the same as breaking in new damn shoes. The shoes that I wore on EuroTrip2011 were now giving me grief! I even bloody hiked in these shoes in Cinque Terre! Gosh!

We headed off for some more walking.. I could feel the blisters really starting to form.. but what can ya do but keep calm and carry on! and so that is what I did. A slower pace than usual but I kept going and that's the main thing.. right?

We came across Buckingham Palace, which gets quite packed at what I thought was a quieter time. I witnessed a first class case of two non English speakers speaking English to one another and having a misunderstanding.. it didn't come to blows, but one dude looked pretty pissed off about the off the cuff remark that was said as more of a funny than of criticism.. but I guess you get that on the big jobs. 

After leaving Buckingham, we continued on.. in a little bit of shade which was nice!
We also checked out Westminster, Big Ben and the London Eye... and you know other little things that were in the area.. as you do, right?



We arrived at Downing St to discover at our horror that they weren't letting people in! Only people with special badges seemed to be allowed to go past the black gates of mean! I looked on in sadness and then.. you know.. moved on! What's the point in dwelling right? Plenty more to see!
In saying that, there really was plenty to see.. while we were walking down the street, we saw this hardcore biker, not really getting out of the way of the cops who had their sirens on. The cops were quite agitated by the lack of movement from people in the cars, but really what can they do? It was pretty tight in there.. anyways we see the top of this big burly biker and he had a car in front of him so we didn't see his bike.. that was until we did get to see his bike and all we could do was freaken chuckle! Hardcore!

We made our way to Trafalgar Square and had a gander before deciding it was time to get some real grub into us! There happened to be a Nando's not to far so we partook in that.. Emma had been hanging for some Nando's since she realised there was Nando's in London!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)