Monday 30 July 2012

It's Paddington!

Annnd we're off! The morning was a matter of last minute fluffing and packing, then heading off to the airport.. the airport is not exactly the most fun place to hang but it is needed to that you can go to far away lands! Emma and I amused ourselves by Olympic athlete spotting. We saw a few Swedes and Danes and it was just fun enough to keep things interesting. I however managed to sit on gum also. Which brings me to say this.. what sort of tosser are you that you leave your gum on a cushioned seat! I mean, really!? REALLY? One thing I don't enjoy about anything in life is.. queuing.. 
My face says it all right? Also, notice the backpack behind me.. well that was an Olympic athlete!

It wasn't long until we were on the plane, sitting right behind the 'Economy Extra' class, which looks an awful lot like just Economy.. I actually think the only real difference is they get a meal? I could be wrong.. but that's not likely! Bahahahahahaha Less than 2 hours later we land at Heathrow and proceed to catch the express train, which is a little pricy but it gets you to Paddington Station in 15min instead of an hour and with such a short trip we decided to splurge a little. Just so you understand, it cost 18gbp for the express train and 2.90gbp (off-peak) & 4gbp (peak) to go by tube.We did consider a cab, however they are rather cramped! I mean look.. it barely fits little Emma!

Anyways, we got off the train at Paddington, stopped by the little Paddington bear statue and also there just happened to be a Krispy Kreme so we snapped up a couple of donuts. I just had to try the raspberry ripple sundae donut.. coz it sounded too crazy. It was crazy sweet.. and it was nice to just have a donut again.

After our little sugar hit, we toddled off to our hotel where we had to sit in the lobby for far too long for them to get the room ready properly coz apparently they have to re-clean the entire room when they need to remove down pillows and duvets. Which is another thing.. they didn't get what down was. Amusing at it was to watch them get flustered.. I just wanted to dump my shit and go instead of being forgotten about and then lied to about it. Not a place I will ever go back to again, nor recommend. It was nice enough but the beds were bloody horrible. We freshened up a little and then headed out into the beautiful day to start our trek.. this is our planned route...

1 comment:

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)