Monday 30 July 2012

I Forgot My Cape!

After leaving the hotel, it wasn't long until we stumbled upon our first bit of awesome! A red phone box! They are everywhere all over London, and I find myself wondering.. does anybody actually use them? You know to make calls.. not get changed into their superhero outfit!

We continued on our merry way after I couldn't get changed and it wasn't long at all before we were at Hyde Park, taking in all the beauty. It was seriously a stunning day. Blue blue skies, sunshine, heat! It was actually summer! Finally summer decided to show up for us after the poo weather we had been having. We wandered around checking things out.. looking here there and everywhere, and of course I got sidetracked by the feathered animals in the water.. where I even saw a mummy and daddy feeding their baby! Too adorable.. also, that little shit wouldn't shut up! Cried the entire time we were there, but mummy and daddy were very good at supplying.. prolly coz they wanted the few seconds relief!

As we made our way through Hyde Park and out the other side, we came across the Royal Albert Hall, Emma was trying to take a nice photo when I went all Hanky Hanna on her ass and popped up in the photo! I don't have it down anywhere near as good as Hank.. but I got her good this time!

Just a little bit further and we reached our goal! The TARDIS! 
Not only did I forget my cape.. but apparently they bloody changed the locks on the TARDIS coz my imaginary key did not work! As you can see I was not impressed by this discovery! I bet the daleks had something to so with it! 
 
After doing our photo op, we headed off to get a bite to eat, but that was quickly foiled coz the damn pub where I wanted my fish n chips didn't serve food between 4-5pm and it was like 4:04pm! dang nabbit! So we went back towards the TARDIS and had a frozen yoghurt. One of the girls by it was handing out flyers so we thought we would try one of the flavours on the flyer.. turns out they didn't have that flavour. REALLY people? Hand out a flyer saying try our flavours and then don't even have that flavour! Douchebaggery at it's finest! We got strawberry instead and I found it too sweet for my liking but it killed the hunger pains and cooled me down a little from the heat.. so it wasn't a complete loss. [click for instagram photo]

Next stop Harrods!
This is one seriously large store. Do not walk through the perfume area.. that is like a sneeze attack waiting to happen. Seriously stinky. Too many strong smells in an area that needs more ventilation. We looked around but it wasn't too long before I had had enough and wanted to leave. Not a place I wanna bother going back to that's for sure. We drowned our sorrows by heading off to buy some Pierre Hermé macarons. We ate one in the store, which was Vanilla and Basil. It wasn't too bad actually. I am not a fan of those little things but sometimes they surprise me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)