Wednesday 2 May 2012

Hello May!

May already?! Really?! Really?! I can't seem to keep up or track of time these days! It just zoom zoom zoooms! So what have I been up to lately? Not all that much really.. but I did manage to go and check out a flick on Saturday night.. which  I was rather excited to see.. and it turned out to be a major let down. What movie you ask? The Avengers I reply! I found it to have far too much talking and totally failed to see the point of 3D. Everyone knows I am not a fan of 3D to start with.. but really.. 3D for all that talking? I love Joss and nearly all things Joss.. but I just couldn't really enjoy The Avengers. It saddened me. Perhaps I would have enjoyed it more without having to endure the torture of wearing the 3D glasses. To be honest, I sat for some of the movie with it off, coz there was that much talking.. why did I even need to see the screen at that point? It is the first movie in a long time that I have actually wanted to walk out of. I didn't tho, I stayed and put up with it and saw it through.. which I was glad to coz I got to see the 2 funniest Hulk moments ever! That part was worth it indeed. I love the Hulk.. who wouldn't? he is green after all!

Sunday, Emma and I jumped on our bikes and headed out by the lake where they have this section of marsh lands, which is in fact the last step in the sewage treatment plant! See it even says so on the sign!
They have quite a few different types of wildlife calling it home.. and it is always nice to take a stroll around and look at the nature and beginning of new life.. and of course I always get excited to see baby animals.. we saw some baby geese and it was awesome.. simply awesome. I am such a softy.. who isn't?

Moving onto Monday.. where it was time to break out some fire! That's right, it was time for all of Sweden to light up the joint! First up tho.. we headed to the parentals for a BBQ, where Emma's mum asked if my kiwi bird was a porcupine.. and my tuatara was a frog.. and not to mention if my weta was a grasshopper.. Rather amusing to say the least, but given she has never seen or even heard (heck, even spell check doesn't know what a tuatara or weta is!) of these animals I have tattooed upon me, it is no wonder.. so really they are good guesses.

After we ate some food & drunk some booze, we headed off up to check out the bonfire.
We took a few snaps and then headed back for some more eatage! This time of the sweet variety, before having to cut it short to bike on home, we had to leave before it got too dark.. coz I don't have a working light on mah bike. Sad. Need to get that sorted one of these days. How awesome would it be to have a red dalek light on the back? So awesome is how awesome!

Tuesday, Emma thought it was about time we got our culture happening and so we headed off to the land of Danes to check out Louisiana Modern Museum of Art. Now you might be wondering what is the difference between a museum of art and a gallery.. don't be fooled into thinking that they are one in the same. It's not just that us Europeans (yes, that's right I call myself European now! coz I legally can! & not coz I just so happen to have European relatives, but coz I am an actual citizen of a European country!) get things muddled in translations.. they are two different things! That's right Pinko! Now what is that difference you ask.. well let me tell you! A museum is in fact just a place where you go to view art.. and a gallery is a place where you go to view art yes, but from the perspective of being able to purchase the art. Yep, simple as that and basically what I thought to start with. I wasn't 100% on it, and after having the discussion with ole Pinko, I just had to find out and so find out I did, and now I share my little tidbit just in case there is anyone else out there who might wanna know too.. I'm wicked nice like that!

Moving on from that and onto the actual art in said museum.. now while it is interesting to walk around and take in that stuff.. I find myself looking at many things and going.. "who decides that this is art? how is this art?" I get that everyone views art differently.. and some people just have that 'mind' for art, but I can't look at something that looks like just scraps of material and say.. omg that is amazing art! or even look at a painting that is just of lots of paint and colours layered upon one another.. that makes no real anything but looks like lots of.. I don't even have a word to describe it. I just didn't get how that was art. at all. 

The most interesting thing about that place was watching people go right up close to this so called art to really take it in.. what they were taking in exactly.. I don't know. but these people could stand and stare at these strange little pieces of art for longer than I could read a book. I guess I am just not an art head.. and I don't even pretend to be.. I doubt I could even pull off being any type of art head! I like what I like and I guess that really is the fact of the matter of art right? I just want to know the thought process behind what makes some things art.. maybe one day someone will sit me down and give me a good lesson of how to understand all types of art, how to recognise something as a masterpiece.. heck maybe one day even my DrawSomething drawings will be classed as art and put up in a museum!

Anyways.. here are a few photos of the areas where we were allowed to take photos. Inside the museum was a no no for photos.. they had an old dude walking around and if he saw you taking a photo he would give you a stern look and say with a stern voice "no photos!" Amused, I was!
 
 

Emma and I enjoyed some lunch and then headed outside to sit on some steps and enjoy the ocean.. it was such a beautiful day.. it was in all sense and purposes quite a perfect day.. as much as I don't really understand what makes some things art, I do enjoy every now and then going to look and take in all the strange things I don't understand.. and people can tell by just looking at me that I just don't quite get it.. and I'm not embarrassed of that.. at least I am still looking and kinda learning something.. you know that everything is art. The world is just one big canvas really.. isn't it? 

All in all I had a wonderful day out.. I couldn't have asked for a better day. I may have had to spend 4 hours in a train but it was well worth it.. and as we were leaving we stopped by the giftshop and picked up a little something thing.. that came in this bag!
To know what it is you will have to wait for the big reveal! That's right.. all you get to see right now, is the bag! It could be days.. or weeks.. but you will get the big reveal of the very awesome that is in said bag!

Yikes.. long post.. go and have a coffee or some coke.

9 comments:

  1. When are we seeing Cabin in the Woods?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After May 18th? That's when its out here.
      I'll have to remember to take a change of pants to that viewing.

      Delete
    2. And by here I mean.. Malmö, I don't think it is going to be showing here here.. but you never know, they could change the website between now and then.

      Delete
  2. Also, it's a bunny!! *points*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are the only one who was paying attention to the photos. sad.

      Delete
  3. Hurry up with the big reveal already!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL @ the clarifying the difference between museum and gallery - did you seriously not know that?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. even though it's only 11.36am I will go and have that coke I bought this morning...

    ReplyDelete

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)