Monday 23 May 2011

We’re In Paris, Bitchez!


The train to Paris was a little chaotic right at the start, there was a man on there who was in desperate need of a hug.. luckily he got off coz he wasn’t meant to be on this train so the ride was slightly ‘smoother’. People stress so much and so easily on holiday.. just chill.. we’re still in Amsterdam! Go to a coffeeshop and have a relaxing brownie before heading off I say.. or the sex museum.. that put me in a good relaxing mood.
Meet The Crazies..

The seats were reasonable.. nothing special but at least I didn’t feel cramped like on the flight. We had plenty of nibbles and cards to keep us occupied.. but yet again I got sick of losing so I stopped playing. Emma can be so mean! After a while I decided. Or well my eyes decided that they wanted to have a snooze and so snooze I did for like the last hour.


We hit Paris with big grins and bushy tails, ok maybe not bushy tails but we were very happy to arrive and have freaken sunshine!! And warmth! It was pure bliss. It wasn’t long before we arrived at the hotel, it is a dinky little place.. 1 room with 2 double beds and a bathroom.. cramped but so central and like I said, dinky.


After checking in and getting organised, we set off to explore the surrounding areas. It was bustling and yet kinda relaxed.. people seem a little more relaxed here than expected. First stop, ice cream! Ice cream is VERY important!

We got to the Luxembourg Gardens, walked around, people watched.. even saw a  couple of kidlets getting told off by a copper..
..along with an angry man playing some time of bowls.. he looked so very cross, that it was very comical and I could have watched him for ages and ages and even more than ages but we had to get back to the aussies,
so we moved on and walked some more and watched some other people, totally loving the sound of the kids playing in park and then decided that a quick stop by the macaron store that Emma had looked up and purchased a few macarons.. where I was very impressed with Emma's attempt at French..

I once again tried them, these were much much MUCH nicer but they still have that taste that I really don’t like.. the trick is to eat them as soon as they are made, we had a few left over and Em ate them for breakfast! Oi! We are in France, these things must be done! And she was saying how they were already starting to dry out.


After we finished up at the gardens, we all headed home and then back out to get a big city view from Sacre Coeur. Now getting there… OMFG! I think we walked up like a million stairs! I thought I was going to die.. 

so far the stairs in Amsterdam and Paris have been killers in their own right.. I hope its not going to be a common theme during the entire trip.. luckily im tough as houses!


When we finally made it to the top, we had to walk through a stinky pee smelling section, which become a common theme during the next few days.. many many stinky areas. The place was pretty packed with tourists and locals.. and it was a pretty amazing view.

We ate a little food, got a little free entertainment.


We moved on and had a look in the church, where I got to witness a couple of dudes getting kicked out for using a cellphone. It was actually a little amusing.. however not as amusing as watching the Eiffel Tower souvenir sellers getting ready to make a run for it, when the cops came.


By the time we got home we were all pretty knackered after a longish day and there we all were on our phones using the free wifi.. who needs conversation these days huh? It was bed time soon enough and in saying that a little difficult to get to sleep with all the noise from a) the people in the room next to us and b) the people on the street.. I must admit I enjoyed listening to the people on the street, its part of the charm of going to such a bustling city. The whole language barrier is a little scary to start with, and I was all afraid with the horror stories you here about the French being rude, when in fact Em and I didn’t come across many of the so called rude ones.. I think Georg & Mike managed to get those and save the nicer ones for us.. which I am grateful for. Altho the rudest guy we had, happened to be in the hotel.. but I guess he was just grumpy having to work night shift.. these things happen and it made for a good giggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)