Wednesday 18 May 2011

Stoner Central!

The flight in was pretty painless and went by quick enough.. however it seemed like the taxiing on the runway took longer than the actual flight and that’s not to mention that little pesky issue of not having a gate to go in to. I dislike how hot they keep the planes.


We hit the town running.. first of course by stopping by the bed and breakfast to drop off our luggage. With a quick tour and run-down on the little suite we then ventured into the wild, with the first stop being the cafĂ© right on the corner where I had my first beer of the day while everyone else had a bite to eat. I wasn’t all that hungry so I just had a few mouthfuls of Emma’s yummo foodage. With our bellies full.. it was time to hit up the Van Gogh museum.. yep I really don’t get the whole pull of ‘art’.. mind you there was one rather funny moment where a couple of douches behind me where comparing the popularity of Van Gogh to..  none other than Justin Beiber. Like. What. The. Fuck. Man. ?.
It was raining a fair bit.. but it was still liveable.. look aroundable lol

We had a brief heart attack moment where neither Em nor Georg had printed the meeting point for the bike tour we had booked.. we decided the best thing to do in such a situation was to go and have a hot chocolate.. well it was to get out of the ice cold wind. Upon ordering, the dude managed to insult me by calling me sir.. I don’t really think that I actually look like a sir but apparently I do. I thought I should get my drink free.. it was not so. Welcome to Amsterdam Sir! 

The time looked up with the arrival of our tour guide! Off we went! A cycle of joy! I gots a blue bike coz I was awesome.. ok actually it was because I have short legs. The people on bikes are crazy! The cars are nuts and even the people walking are nuts! It’s just nuts! Awesome but nuts!

On the bike tour we saw all the important bits.. like the red light district, which was freaken.. for lack of a better word.. crazy! Seeing these women on display like they are in some giant vending machine.. not a vending machine of goodness.. We tried to get Mike to walk ahead of us so that the chickybabes would act upon seeing him and try to entice him in so we could get the full blown effect.. but sadly every time he did.. there seemed to not be many out ready for a john. It was very interesting and a little sickening all rolled into one.. and for some reason we couldn’t stop walking down those little alley ways and having a gander. We saw it during the day, which wasn’t as impressive as seeing it at night. Luckily we hung around and saw it during the night in all their glowing glory. It’s a must! Here you can see George doing a little window shopping..

The tour guide also took us to this little bar (Wynand Fockink) that had been around since the turn of time, where they have also made their own booze since then too and so we each had a shot of this yummo booze, where you had to suck off the top coz they poured it so well and so full that it had a little dome formed on the top.. the barlady who was apparently the grumpiest ever and never takes photos for anyone.. took a photo.. or several of Emma and I bending over to suck off the top! 

I had a mandarin flavoured one which was actually really really good.. Em had the strawberry, which was also really good. They were winners! I finished mine off with a beer also before we hit the crazy streets again on the bikes.. having the pretty awesome tour guide pointing out all the nifty little things like an artist called space invader who puts up little tiled street art.. like so..
..if you can't see it, it is towards the left hand side from the top, its blue with a white background.. its pretty neat, there are apparently many in Paris to so we are gonna have to have one eye open for them!

She also pointed out little dinkies like this urinal for dudes... lucky dudes right?

I really get a kick out of biking.. it is always so much fun, Em tried to kill me a few times.. shes a natural of the crazy! It was loads and loads of fun and if anyone is ever in Amsterdam, then they should totally do a Joy Ride bike tour.. when it was all over, I wanted to go all over again! If you are ever in Amsterdam then I suggest you go on a bike tour by Joy Ride and have a ball.. it is totally worth it! and here is the photo [click me] that they posted on facebook after the ride was done.

We went to another bar thingo, which was all funk inside, however their food was a little bit of a miss. Bland burgers all around it was.. we at least got the beer free coz they forgot to charge us for it.. so that made the burgers a little easier to swallow.
The long walk home was a killer after a big day out.. but it was nice to finally be ‘home’ and able to just relax, Mike made us all a cuppa tea and we sat around the table with all our electronics going.. who needs conversation these days right? It was actually a very funny scene.. we needed a 5th person to take a photo of us.

The first nights sleep wasn’t the greatest but it was good enough that I was able to sleep and be able to function for today. I had cruesli for breakfast.. with a name like that, how could I not have it? And it had chocolate in it! It wasn’t too bad.. it wasn’t too great either.

We headed off and jumped on a tram to go and check out the Anne Frank house, which was pretty impressive in its own right, the stairs in that place make me love my stairs at home! I enjoyed it.. if enjoyed is really the right word to be using for the circumstances of Anne Frank, but it was really enjoyable to see something I had only really learnt about in school.. all them years ago.

After Anne Frank we headed off to Pancakes! For what else? but pancakes! They were pretty good, not the overall greatest but very eatable! And at the end of it we got a clog keyring.. so of course that made it all totally worthwhile.. now I just need some keys to use my keyring! 

Then it was a pretty slow and relaxed stroll around town and a smallish market.. nothing of real interest jumped on out.. apart from this glorious window display!

Upon seeing that we headed off in the direction of some more carb therapy in the form of fries topped with mayo. OmNomNom says Em!

I thought I was going to die by birdie with the amount of birds that were around that place. Seriously. Anyways moving on from the bird attacks we went our separate ways,  which meant Em and I headed back through the park to check it out some more.. there were a few baby birds, animals in general, freaks on bikes and passed out stoners on the grass.. it was pretty fun and didn’t take anywhere near as long as last night.. I guess we were just way tired after an extra long day. How pretty is this birdie we saw in the park?

We got home and just totally vegged out! It wasn’t long until the aussies arrived.. a plan was reached where we would go and get some nibbles, a beer.. which turned out to be the worst beer ever for me.. it tasted like toilet cleaner! anyways as I was saying we planned to have a quiet one in playing some cards. I didn’t win nearly enough. Uncool. Before we knew it, it was way past bedtime and here I am at 1am blogging instead of sleeping.. when my plan to start with was to get this all done before relaxing.. some plans just don’t work out how you plan them.. ah wells. Den Haag tomorrow.. I should get some sleep.

2 comments:

  1. OMG Jo is back on the bike!!!
    I hope you guys are having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep, on a bike and tearing up the place! but not my shirts.. this time!

    ReplyDelete

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)